From 25 May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation had taken effect in the EU. The Danish Data Protection Act (databeskyttelsesloven) had also entered into force. The objective of the new personal data legislation is to strengthen the protection of individuals' personal data.
The personal data legislation is relevant for you if you have previously provided personal data to the Danish Ministry of Environment and Food.
We are required to provide the following information:
1. We are the data controller – how to contact us?
2. Contact details of the data protection officer (DPO).
3. Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data.
4. Categories of personal data.
5. Recipients or categories of recipients.
6. Where does the personal data come from?
7. Storage of personal data.
8. Rights of the data subject.
9. Complaints to the Danish Data Protection Agency.
You can read more on our website. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. You can see our contact details in the appendix.
The Danish Ministry of Environment and Food